Latest UVA Server Updates

[UVA]Scooby
Site Admin

Latest UVA Server Updates

Post by [UVA]Scooby »

Welcome,

So lately a lot's been happening...
I've been working on the scripts and fixing everything i can that's needed doing, there are a couple of scripts that are disabled for now that i'll get round to looking at over time. If you do know of anything that needs fixing please report it in the relevant section of the forums.

We've had a new Game Server Host which seems to have been a success and also a web server host which has enabled us to revive the website and forum. Spakye has been working on that along with some scripts so more will follow.

You're here so you can see we have the new forum, we tired to get the old one back up but it was too out of date so here we are.
If you haven't registered yet please use your name from in game and If you like to change clans a lot it might we wise to leave your tag off.
[UVA]Scooby
Site Admin

Re: Latest UVA Server Updates

Post by [UVA]Scooby »

As you all know, the new login system is now active :)
Existing accounts will have 28 days to be registered with an email address, after that the players wont be able to spawn or close the login menu.
This should have several benefits, we should stop seeing people create a new name every 10 mins or less, just to join with something new,
and also those with stupid amounts of accounts will have to decide which to register and which they will lose or spend a long time creating new email addresses.
Hopefully over time this will stop people hassling us for forgotten passwords and we will only have to deal with 'i dont have that email anymore' issues.

More updates to follow, VIP should be done soon.
Sayne

Post by Sayne »

[/ i] I agree with you scooby, you and spayke have done many things to carry out the server I HOPE YOU KEEP LIKE THIS

#SAYNEFORUVA
Prince^

Post by Prince^ »

Hi Scooby. In my opinion it is a great idea.
But, I got to thinking and why not use that idea also to avoid account theft.
You must have your email registered and when someone wants to change their password, they need a code which will reach their email. This way we prevent thieves from changing passwords.
By: Prince
I love UVA server :D :D ;)
[UVA]Scooby
Site Admin

Post by [UVA]Scooby »

Prince^ wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:06 pm Hi Scooby. In my opinion it is a great idea.
But, I got to thinking and why not use that idea also to avoid account theft.
You must have your email registered and when someone wants to change their password, they need a code which will reach their email. This way we prevent thieves from changing passwords.
By: Prince
I love UVA server :D :D ;)
This is exactly how it is :roll:
Sayne

Post by Sayne »

Well a little bad if this i have realized that just a while to log in or create new account you have to put an email and get a code which if it is very screwed since it gets tired , but in the second it is very good for account theft so they wont have to brother admins :D
ATT:Sayne
[UVA]Scooby
Site Admin

Post by [UVA]Scooby »

I realise the procedure to register is more complicated than before and how its a lot harder for those who don't speak English.
I've Included Spanish and Turkish translations to help, however I realise some of you don't speak any of these three languages.
If anyone needs help they can always ask here.